I Think I Might Have a Narcissistic Parent
When a parent has narcissistic traits it can influence the child well into adulthood. An individual who grew up with a narcissistic parent can struggle with the following things:
- People pleasing
- Difficulty saying “no”
- Low self-esteem
- Internal resentment
- Constantly worrying
- Fear of abandonment
- Difficulty making decisions
- Difficulty identifying own feelings
- Often overwhelmed by guilt and shame
- Find anger to be an intolerable feeling
- Hypersensitivity to the emotions of others
- Difficulty finding healthy relationships
If this sounds like you, you might have had a narcissistic parent relationship and I am SO glad you found me! I love to work with these individuals and watch as they start to connect with their own desires and needs. Through the therapeutic relationship, I try to create a safe environment to encourage my clients to experiment with recognizing and embracing their inner experiences.
Make an appointment now, so we can begin your path to a happier, healthier life!